Athlete of the Issue: Annie Christofferson

Ruby Duncan, Copy Editor

Annie Christofferson is currently a senior captain on the Hart girls varsity basketball team. She has been on varsity all four years of high school, her freshman and sophomore years playing at West Ranch and her junior and senior years playing at Hart. She is planning on continuing playing in college but she has yet to commit.

“I’ve talked to a few schools about scholarships or walking on but  nothing is set in stone yet. I’m mostly keeping my options open until the end of season and then I’ll decide what I want to do in terms of college,” said Christofferson.

In college she is looking into majoring in exercise science. She wants to major in this so she can go into physical therapy or into athletic training.

This year the girls varsity basketball team had a tight bond. They enjoy playing with each other and having fun together.Many people believe that the closer a team is off the court, the better the team will play on the court and be cohesive.

“I love my team! Everyone is so unique and we all have our own personalities but they all mesh together so well. We really care about each other whether it’s on or off the court and we just have fun. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of girls to end my high school basketball career,” Christofferson said.

Christofferson is a leader on and off the court. She is known to be a great friend and a smart player. She knows how to rally the team and how to put points on the board.

“Our team is truly a family. Not often does a week go by where we don’t see each other at least six days a week. Whether it’s in school or on the court, we are all best friends and would help each other through anything. I love this basketball team and though it’s small, it’s definitely my favorite team yet since my freshman year,” said junior co captain Trudy Larkins.

Christofferson has had an amazing high school career. She was named to All-Foothill League and All CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) teams. December 30, she reached 1500 career points.Christofferson is captain because she is well respected by her team.

“Annie is a great leader on our team. Her basketball IQ is very high and so her intelligence on the court is very helpful. She finds way to lead the team whether it’s putting points on the board to increase our momentum or gathering the team together to give us a pep-talk,” Larkins said.