Hart in a Beat – Breakfast for the Soul

Lucy Miller, Staff Writer

The club Breakfast for the Soul was recently founded and although it is new, they are already making great strides. The club is run by co-presidents Hannah Ku and Mansi Sharma. Maddy Chan runs social media, Helen Ku is the treasurer and Hope Jayne is the secretary. The sole purpose of this club is to provide food for the homeless.  

On November 7, the members of Breakfast for the Soul gathered to cook and donate food for those less fortunate. For weeks prior to this day, boxes were set in classrooms for students to donate boxes of pasta, croutons, dressings and plastic trays.

On the day of the event, students prepared the pasta, salads, cookies and more in Mrs. Schlesinger’s room and they took the prepared food to Bridge to Home to donate it. All who helped received community service hours.

“Going to Bridge to Home made me feel like I was actually doing something meaningful. It was so great to bring joy to all those people,” said Jayne.

Breakfast for the Soul is already planning another Bridge to Home donation for December or January. A fundraiser is also scheduled to take place soon. If you are interested in helping out with future events, be sure to contact one of the people previously listed. Breakfast for the Soul meets the last Tuesday of every month in Ms. Hardbarger’s room, K1.