Hart of the Holidays

Claire Moylan, Staff Writer

The Hart dance team held their annual Hart of the Holidays fundraiser show on December 2. It was held at 7:00 pm in the Hart High Auditorium.

The opening performance, danced by the team, was “Jingle Bells.” The dances following after were from dance studios around Santa Clarita, such as To the Pointe Dance and Pilates Center, Dance Studio 84 and L.Y.T.E Dance Complex. Placerita’s dance program brought their routines to the stage as well. The intermediate classes performed a jazz routine to “Santa Baby.” The advanced class also performed a jazz routine but to “Run, Run Rudolph.”

The Santa Clarita Senior Center’s Forever Young Tappers group and Luna Tapatia Ballet Folklorico, Mexican folk dancing, performed too and were crowd favorites. The show closed with a co-ed routine featuring the men of Hart, including our very own ASB president, Mitch Gordon. It was choreographed by the dance team captains Taylor Floyd, Liana Kulchin, Layne LaTorre and Sami Warner.

In order to fundraise, the team sold tickets to enter the show, raffle tickets, concessions at intermission and held a silent auction. Tickets were $14 with credit, $12 using cash and $5 for students who had an ASB card. Performers who wished to watch to show had to pay $5 for a special bracelet.

The show is not just for the financial benefit of the team. Each year they donate a portion of their funds to a charity of their choosing. So out of the money the team earned that evening, $500 was donated to Assistance League Santa Clarita, an organization that helps families and individuals in need of material items and emotional support in Santa Clarita.