Revenge kills competition

Grace Gooneratne, Copy Editor

Every year Hart TV hosts a Halloween video contest for students in video production. Each group of students made a video and in the end a first, second and third place were decided. This year there were 12 different groups. Mr. Howard, the teacher in charge of video production, and different students in many different classes were the judge of these videos. Winners are decided by a tallied up vote and while there’s no prize involved all the groups put forth their best efforts.

“All the video production groups are assigned a thriller showcase, which is a halloween themed short and then on Halloween day we watch, critique and judge until we find a definitive winner,” says Howard.

The videos were one to five minutes long and covered a range of topics, from Zombies to Scooby-Doo to the Hash Slinging Slasher.

“I look forward to the thriller showcase every year. Watching every groups’ projects is a great learning experience and is a fun activity for halloween,” said Joe Brennan, a student in Video Production.

This contest has been held on and off for the last five years. Overall, the contest was a success, with twelve submissions, and a couple standouts, Mr. Howard and the students were proud of the work they had put in and how the videos turned out.

First place went to Revenge, second place went to Truth and third went to Paranoia.

This annual contest is greatly enjoyed all the students. It gives them a creative outlet and a chance to show their abilities in a fun way. Mr. Howard says he enjoys the contest as well and seeing what the students create.